Taqwa is the central concept running through the Quran. It is translated normally as piety, heading or God fearing. In fact, Taqwa combines piety, heading, God fearing and God consciousness.
Here fear should not be understands as scare, which can be without any love or respect. But in Islamic context fear means.
- Fear of the punishment of ALLAH on the day of Judgement.
- Fear of the losing the blessings of ALLAH in our worldly life.
- To be afraid of displeasing ALLAH --the one who is most worthy of Love.
- The person who has Taqwa is one who is most conscious about the things that displease the God.
- God consciousness is the core of the quality Taqwa. God consciousness is the quality of being conscious of the presence of Allah at all times. The most God conscious person is one who is most pious. Islam therefore encourages Muslims to be pious in every aspect of Life
- Love if ALLAH refers to mans necessary dependence on ALLAH ---the realization that he is not sufficient.
- True love of God is manifested in pure acts of worship.
- Muslim is required to manifest this love by Following Gods Path and, if necessary, sacrificing some personal desires, property, time, if require his life for the sake of ALLAH.
According to a hadith of Prophet (sm), If a person love God and His Messenger more than he loves anything else he will have the sweet taste of faith in his heart. In addition God will reciprocate his love Sura 3 Verse 31: Say if you do Love ALLAH follow me, Allah will love you and forgive your sins. For ALLAH is oft forgiving and most merciful.
- Have Taqwa
- Constantly repent to ALLAH
- Engage in self purification
- Do good
- Place Trust in ALLAH
- Be steadfast
- Act with justice
- Corruption and mischief
- Rejection of faith
Sura 4. Verse 36: ALLAH love not the arrogant, the vainglorious
Taqwa assists a man in his journey in the hereafter through this life to successful conclusion.
- He will be receptive of to Guidance
- He will have proper vision, Knowledge and wisdom.
- His affairs will be easier
- He will receive forgiveness for his sins.
- He will receive mercy from ALLAH.
- He will achieve ultimate victory and bliss in this life and in the Hereafter.
Sura Anfal Verse 29 O you who believe; if you fear ALLAH, He will grant you a criterion, remove (all) evil deeds and forgive you for ALLAH is the lord of grace unbound.